Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Friday, November 26, 2010

So Shoot Me

Conway Twitty - "Lonely Blue Boy"

Image is a still from El Topo (1970).

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monday, November 22, 2010

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Clean, Dirty, Instrumental

The Roots feat. Joanna Newsom - "Right On"

Mercy à Sister J x

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Laffy Taffy Chakras

FYI: The woman next to her is her Mum. Working on my impression.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Silver Magic Ships

Sixto Rodriguez - "Sugar Man"

I have this song looping over and over and over...


Choirs singing // church bells ringing, still I thought I would march out someone else's band for my 100th blog post (which had passed me by)..:

Sunday, November 14, 2010


Mercy à JJ x


Hugh Masekala & The Zulus - "Aredze"

Many thanks to a Mr Michael Yates Crowley.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Voulez-Vous Coucher avec God? (1972)

By Michael Hirsh and Jack Christie. Read the Village Voice Review.


Sister Nancy - "Roof Over Mi Head"

Friday, November 12, 2010

Griffith Observatory.

Fleetwood Mac - "Dreams"

We looked at James Dean's head. It was on a plinth. His statue didn't have eyes, but he had his back to the view anyway. I pretended I could see as far as the sea but really, I just saw The Angels as a profusion of lights. A low-lying galaxy. Later, we looked through the Zeiss telescope - an action requiring step ladders. Supposedly, they had pointed it at Saturn but all we saw was a white dot on a dark blue square inch. It could easily have been drawn on, we said, and wondered if Saturn existed. You slept through the show in the planetarium, missing the lady proclaim that we are all made of stardust. Bullshit! we said afterwards: We're 90% water. And, what with e equalling mc² and all that, the other 10% must be little balls of energy, or light. Or something. So we drove down Sunset into the sunset and queued for a hot dog. Celine Dion had been to the same restaurant, her photograph was on the wall. I tried a root beer and felt bilious at it's soapiness. Back in your car, the fans blew out cool leathery air. At some point that evening we careered into a tunnel. It looked like a nostril in the hillside. We were listening to Fleetwood Mac and I've not forgotten that evening. Not yet anyway.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Monday, November 8, 2010

I was like 'bibi, 'bibi, 'bibi...

Oum Kalthoum - "Alf Leila w Leila"

Photograph of Emam-Ali Habibi Goudarzi.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friday, November 5, 2010


Junior Byles - "Beat Down Babylon"

Junior Byles - "The Long Way"

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mpenzi La La

Busy Signal - "Da Style Deh"

Yaseen Mohammed and Saada - "Lala Mpenzi"

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Monday, November 1, 2010


Mott the Hoople - "Sea Diver"